IP VOICE UNIT. “For many, the best solution for corporate telephony".
Asterisk is an application to control and manage communications of any kind, whether analog, digital or VoIP by all VoIP protocols that it implements.
This is an application based on GPL Opensource and therefore with the advantages that this represents, making it free to develop professional communication systems of high quality, safely and with versatility.
Includes all components needed to create a PBX system, an IVR system (Interactive Voice Response) or virtually any other type of communications solution. Includes:
- Drivers for various VoIP protocols.
- Drivers for PSTN interface cards.
- Voice mail.
- Routing and management of incoming calls.
- Generation of routed outgoing calls.
- Multimedia functions (record, playback, tone generation, etc.).
- Detailed record of calls for accounting and billing.
- Format conversion by specific protocols.
- Integration with relational databases.
- Integration of user accessible Web services.
- Integration with LDAP directory services.
- Call recording and monitoring functions.
- Integrating scripting for call processing.
- Programming and control of incoming calls by AGI.
- Event notification and integration of CTI through Asterisk Manager Interface (AMI).
- Speech synthesis (computer language) in various languages and dialects using non-engine.
This combination of components allows a developer or integrator to quickly create voice applications. The Asterisk open nature means that there is no limit on benefits it can offer.